Climate Action Team
Helping the University to deliver a whole institution response to the challenge of climate change.
The overarching goal of the Climate Action Team is to develop and action targeted plans to deliver the 11 Climate Action Framework Principles which guide the University’s response to the climate emergency.
We work with teams throughout the University to:
- address how we transition to a zero-carbon campus
- tackle our scope 3 emissions
- support staff and students to make low carbon decisions
- embed net zero thinking into all policies and aspects of the organisation
- consider how we reduce the carbon impacts of conducting our research
- support development of cross-disciplinary research work on the climate emergency
- drive forward climate-related learning and teaching activities
The Climate Action Team work with a network of Climate Advocates to provide a coherent link and embed the whole-institution response in departments.
- Professor Pete Walker, Climate Action Chair
- Peter Phelps, Climate Action Project Lead
- Role in recruitment, Climate Action Project Manager
- Professor Steve Cayzer, Climate Action Learning & Teaching Liaison
- Mark Whiteley, Scope 3 Data Officer
- Alice Lowe, Climate Action Engagement & Training Manager