Climate Change academic experts
Across a whole range of themes, we have experts available who can help media by providing analysis on aspects of the climate crisis from multiple angles.
In the run-up to this year’s UN Climate Change Summit (COP26), experts from the University of Bath are available for media comment and interviews on an array of topics related to the climate crisis. This non-exhaustive list includes academics from across our Faculties and School of Management.
For further information, or for interview requests, please contact us via email@example.com or call 01225-386319. Please note we cannot guarantee availability of all academics at all times; most interviews would have to be conducted via Skype, Zoom or Facetime.
- Ian Walker: Environmental and transport psychology, including travel choices, energy, and water consumption
- Lorraine Whitmarsh: Environmental psychology, focusing on perceptions and behaviour in relation to climate change, energy and transport
- Lucy O’Shea: Environmental economist, focusing on waste management, recycling and behaviour change
Developing low carbon alternatives and solutions
- Chris Brace: Future design of cars, including electric vehicles
- David Coley:Minimising the energy use of buildings and creating the next generation of energy-positive buildings
- Marianne Ellis: Lab-grown meat, including refining the processes for producing cellular meat to reduce the environmental impacts of farming
- Matt Davidson: Sustainable materials, including bioplastics, plastic recycling, converting waste into useful chemicals or fuels, replacing crude oil products with renewable alternatives
- Pete Walker: Civil engineering and innovative construction materials, including eco-buildings that use straw and hemp
- Sam Akehurst: Future low-carbon vehicle propulsion, including electric and hybrid powertrains.
- Simon Bending: The science and technology of superconductivity (not specifically relating to climate change).
Future energy supply and storage
- Adam Squires: Green nanomaterials used in energy storage, including fuel cells
- Alison Walker: Solar energy including organic and perovskite electronic devices
- Furong Li: Energy and power networks, including Smart grids, focusing on reducing environmental impact and delivering consumer benefits
- Marcelle McManus: Engineering, sustainability, and life cycle impacts for renewable energy production
- Petra Cameron: Energy materials and solar cells; third generation (emerging) photovoltaics
- Saiful Islam: Energy storage technologies, including lithium-ion batteries and solid state batteries
- Simon Freakley: Chemical and energy conversion processes; the use of light as an energy source; hydrogen storage
- Ulrich Hintermair: Sustainable chemistry and clean energy
Adapting sustainable business practice
- Ania Zalewska: Infrastructure transformation, regulation of utilities, sustainable investing, green finance
- Sarah Glozer: Corporate social responsibility and digital marketing / communication
- Steve Cayzer: Circular economy, innovation. business models and strategy
- Vimal Dhokia: Reducing material usage in manufacturing
The politics and economics of climate change
- Alistair Hunt: environmental economics, including monetary valuations of nature / eco-systems
- Aurelie Charles: Global political economy and climate justice
- Charles Larkin: The impact of climate change on geopolitics, Green Deals in the US and EU and the Climate Assembly in Ireland
- Jack Copley: The international political economy of climate change and decarbonisation
- Jonathan Dawes: Network interactions and prioritisation for the Sustainable Development Goals
- Sophia Hatzisavvidou: The politics of climate change, just transitions, environmental justice and communication
The health and societal impacts of climate change
- Caroline Hickman: The psychology of climate change and eco-anxiety, including for children and young people
- Chris Bryant: Consumer acceptance of cultured meat and plant-based alternatives
- Elisabeth Barratt Hacking: Climate change education and global citizenship
- Theresa Smith: Impacts of the environment on health, and understanding uncertainty in forecasts from a mathematical perspective.
The wider environmental effects of climate change
- Barbara Kasprzyk-Hordern: Environmental impacts of chemical pollution and wider water resource issues
- Chris Budd: The maths of climate change and weather modelling
- Eike Muller: Climate and weather modelling
- Frank Marken: New processes in water provision and purification in solar-driven water harvesting
- Julian Faraway: Climate change, air pollution, wastewater and flooding
- Olga Isupova: Machine learning for environment protection and conservation