People at the Centre for Nonlinear Mechanics
Details of academics and other researchers who work in the centre.
We are a group of people who work at the Centre for Nonlinear Mechanics.
- Professor Chris Budd
- Dr Kirill Cherednichenko
- Professor Jonathan Dawes
- Dr Matthias J Ehrhardt
- Dr Jonathan Evans
- Professor Paul Milewski
- Dr Phil Trinh
- Professor Johannes Zimmer
Professor Chris Budd (Director)
Chris is Professor of Applied Mathematics and specialises in industrial applied mathematics and mathematical modelling. He was the lead organiser of the European Study Group with Industry at Bath in July 2018 and is nationally acclaimed for his outreach work.
Professor Paul Milewski
Paul is Professor of Mathematics and Head of Department of Mathematical Sciences. He has extensive expertise in fluid mechanics, mathematical biology and has wide international contacts in USA and Brazil.
Professor Johannes Zimmer
Johannes is Professor of Mathematics with expertise in multi-scale methods for dynamic problems. He uses methods from PDEs, Calculus of Variations and probability and has ample experience of working with physicists and materials scientists.
Dr Marcin Mucha - Kruczynski
Marcin is a theoretical physicist interested in the electronic, optical and mechanical properties of a new class of materials, two-dimensional atomic crystals, and the related physical phenomena.
Members from other departments
- Ms Ruma Maity IIT Bombay, 15 October - 1 December 2018
- Ms Lingling Zhao, Dalian University of Science & Technology, 1 October 2018 - 31 March 2019
- Ms Yucen Han, Peking University, 15 October - 15 November 2018
- Mr Lidong Fang, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, 15 October - 15 November 2018
- Evelyn Cueva Jaramillo, Universidad de Chile, 1 October 2018 - 28 February 2019
- Brendo Raphaldini, University of Sao Paulo, 1 July 2018 - 1 February 2019
- Professor Clodoaldo Ragazzo (USP, Brazil), 20 January - 2 February 2019
- Professor Roberto Ribeiro (UFPR, Brazil), 15 January - 15 June 2019
- Professor Apala Majumdar, University of Strathclyde and Visiting Professor at the University of Bath, 1 October 2019 - 30 September 2022