Research and Commercialisation Contracts
We are responsible for setting up and supporting contracts between academics and external organisations.
We are responsible for delivering contracts which take into account acceptable levels of risk, while protecting academic rights to publish and use their results.
You will need a contract if you are working with an external organisation to do your research. This can include charities, businesses, government bodies or other universities. We advise on the following types of contract:
- assignments, sales or licences of patents
- collaboration and consortium agreements (including EU)
- confidentiality agreements
- evaluation agreements
- framework agreements
- knowledge transfer partnerships
- material transfer agreements
- non-disclosure agreements
- novation agreements
- PhD studentships
- unfunded collaboration agreements