University Doctoral Studies Committee (UDSC)
We are responsible for the academic standards and coordination of doctoral study.
We are responsible to Senate for strategic coordination, the maintenance of high academic standards and the continuous improvement of the student experience for all doctoral study, including taught components of doctoral programmes and all Doctoral Training Entities.
You can read the full responsibilities of the committee in the terms of reference.
- Professor C Mitchell (Chair), Academic Director of the Doctoral College, term of office ex-officio
- Mr S Singh, SU Postgraduate Officer, term of office ex-officio
- To be confirmed, One student elected by the SU and from the doctoral student community, term of office ex-officio
- To be confirmed, Associate Dean (Research) from each faculty and school, term of office ex-officio
- Dr N Johnston, Directors of Doctoral Studies, Faculty of Engineering and Design
- Professor C Martin, Director of Doctoral Studies, Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences
- Dr I Eggleston, Director of Doctoral Studies, Faculty of Science
- Professor E Thompson, Director of Doctoral Studies, School of Management
- Mr S Gane, Head of Doctoral Recruitment and Programmes, term of office ex-officio
- Dr J Brice, Head of Doctoral Development and Student Experience, term of office ex-officio
- Dr C McMurray, Doctoral Quality Framework Officer, term of office ex-officio
- Ms A Bamber-Jones, Head of Doctoral Admissions & Recruitment
- Dr S Douglas, Co-Director of the CDT in SAMBa and University CDT Lead
- Miss A Young, Insight & Engagement Manager
- Ms K Morley, Secretary