Setting up eduroam on Android
Note: these instructions have been modelled on a HTC desire running Android 2.2 (Froyo), if they cannot be applied to the set-up of your device please ask for support on YouGuru.
- Go To “All apps” by tapping the bottom left key on your screen:
- Then select “Settings”
- Select “Wireless and Network”
- Tap Wi-Fi settings
- If your Wi-Fi is on it should pick up all the available networks. (to enable your Wi-Fi, tap Wi-Fi at the top of this menu)
- Tap eduroam to connect
7. You will then be faced with either of these screens:
Note: Android phones have a 'credential storage password' which protects network settings.
A) If you’ve previously set your credential storage password, then type it in
B) If you have never set your credential storage password then you now need to set it on the screen.
- Then enter the following eduroam connection settings and tap connect
EAP method: PEAP
Phase 2 authentication: MSCHAPV2 (Please note: if you are running a Honeycomb device please select None instead)
Identity: email@example.com (Please note: predictive text will sometimes add a space at the end of the username)
Wireless password: <my BUCS password>
Leave any other fields as they are.
9. Click Connect.
Your device should now successfully connect to eduroam.