Working with the Mathematics Resources Centre (MASH)
Find out what maths and statistics help is available to your students, and how you can work with us to design bespoke solutions.
Directing students to us
If you lecture or tutor topics relating to mathematics or statistics, you may wish to direct your students to us for help. You can direct students to:
- information about MASH drop-ins which includes a link to the current drop-in timetable
- information about online resources
Statistics for project work
If you are supervising a final year project or the work of a research student, you may wish to direct them to the Statistics Advisory Service or make contact with the Service yourself.
First year mathematics students
- Computer Science and Mathematics
- Economics and Mathematics
- Physics and Mathematics
Bespoke teaching and support
We are involved with teaching and bespoke support across a number of departments including:
- Faculty of Science: Biology & Biochemistry, Chemistry, Computer Science, Mathematical Sciences, Physics
- Faculty of Engineering & Design: Architecture and Civil Engineering, Electronic and Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering
- Faculty of Humanities & Social Sciences: Economics, Education, Health, Social & Policy Sciences
- School of Management
- Disability Services
- Doctoral College
- Students' Union
If you have an idea for bespoke support required by your cohort then get in touch and discuss the options.
Individual student referrals
We offer a limited referral service for departments who have identified a student at risk of failure due to specific difficulties with the mathematics or statistics on their course.
Referrals should be made by the relevant Director of Studies and the options should be discussed with us prior to speaking with the student. Referrals may also be made by a member of the Disability Advice Team, if relevant.
Follow us on Twitter
For updates on our activities and wider resources follow us on Twitter.