Staff Development and Performance Review
The Staff Development and Performance Review (SDPR) is an opportunity for staff to receive feedback on their performance, to discuss and set objectives for the coming year, and to explore and support their learning needs and career aspirations.
All core (not casual) staff who have completed probation are required to undertake a SDPR annually, and Heads of Department are responsible for making sure this happens through their usual management structure.
Staff normally have their first SDPR around 6 months after completing probation, allowing them to reflect on objectives and development goals set in the end of probation review, but this interval may vary to fit the business cycle of the department.
The SDPR process and training differs slightly for different groups of staff:
- Staff employed at Grades 1-2.
- Staff in the Management, Specialist and Administration (MSA) job family (Grade 3 and above)
- Staff in Operational and Facilities Support (OFS) and Technical and Experimental (T&E) job families
- Staff in the Education and Research (E&R) job family
Not sure which job family you are in? Check the job families table.
Uploading and viewing SDPRs in iTrent
Guidance is available on:
- how to record and upload your SDPR on iTrent Self Service.
- how to view previously uploaded SDPRs in iTrent (managers only)
- how to view previously uploaded SDPRs in iTrent (staff only)