We expect these changes will benefit a small number of students studying with us.

If you currently pay Overseas fees but you (or a parent) have gained Indefinite Leave to Remain or British or Irish citizenship during your studies, you may become eligible for Home fees from the 2024/25 academic year.

You will still need to meet the requirement to be ordinarily resident in the UK and Islands for the three year period before you started your course.

There are also other changes, including further guarantees that you can continue to be eligible for Home fees and/or student support if you hold EU pre-settled or settled status or a Ukraine visa. Find out more from the UK Council for International Student Affairs.

The University will contact you if we have identified that you will benefit from the changes. If you have any queries or concerns please see our guidance on understanding your tuition fee status or contact our Student Money Advice team for advice on eligibility and applying for UK student loans.