There are both red and amber heat warnings covering parts of the UK; please do check the forecast for the latest updates and follow the advice for your area.
The safety and wellbeing of our graduates, guests and staff is our priority.
The ceremonies will be taking place as planned. We have put in place additional fans in Bath Abbey. Please bring a full water bottle with you (there is a tap with drinking water in the Abbey if you need more).
If you are travelling to Bath for a graduation ceremony, it is important to take extra care in the heat and sun to stay well. Advice for staying safe in the heat includes:
- try to keep out of the sun between 11am and 3pm, when the UV rays are strongest
- bring plenty of drinking water with you and stay hydrated during the day
- walk in the shade, apply sunscreen and wear a wide-brimmed hat, if you have to go out in the heat
- if you have a chronic medical condition and / or take regular medications, be mindful of the effect the heat may have on you and seek medical advice if you feel you need to
- avoid physical exertion in the hottest parts of the day
- wear loose clothing where possible
- if you feel unwell, please seek out our Security team who be supporting our guests on the day; we have trained first aiders and drinking water in our marquee outside the Abbey entrance.
If the heat prevents you from attending a ceremony which you had booked to attend on Tuesday 19 July, please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible to let us know. We will do our very best to accommodate you at a later date in 2022 or in 2023, but we cannot guarantee when this might be possible.
For further advice, please see these helpful websites: