Sharon Street will report to Keith Zimmerman, the Chief Operating Officer (COO), and started in post on 5 July.
The SPO will be working to support delivery of the new University strategy through large scale, cross-institutional programme and project work. The SPO’s vision is to drive change delivering benefits for our community through a structured project approach.
Sharon joins us after seven years at the National Trust where she was Head of Project Management. Her remit covered strategic capability, with a broad portfolio including everything from digital services to capital works, climate change to the transformation of ways of working. For which her endeavours were recognised in 2015, by the Association for Project Management with the Award of Project Management Company of the Year.
Sharon also has a direct connection with the University having studied and gained a bachelor's degree and master's in Electrical and Electronic Engineering.
Objectives of the SPO
Under Sharon's leadership, the SPO will be created as a Centre of Excellence for the delivery of successful strategic change at the University of Bath. The objectives of the SPO are to support the University strategy through:
- delivery of the right projects and programmes of change and assures that we are doing them consistently and well
- providing best practice services that are applied to the needs of the University in a pragmatic and fit for purpose way
- achieving sustainable change that delivers the required organisational benefits and maintains a strong focus on financial benefits
- supporting the right people from within the SPO team, across the university and 3rd party partners to collaborate in the delivery of strategic change
- driving a culture of continuous improvement, collaboration and learning
Once in place, the SPO team will be engaging with the wider community through a Change Network.
Contact us by emailing email@example.com if you want to:
- be part of the network
- access resources and training
- require advice and support on a specific project, improvement area or project template