Bath has been ranked 160 overall in the global list of universities. Since 2014, the University of Bath has moved up 27 places. In the 2018 edition, the institution performed among the top 17% in the world rankings.
The QS World University Rankings have been published since 2004. The rankings are based on six, weighted indicators:
- academic reputation (40%)
- employer reputation (10%)
- citations per faculty (20%)
- student to faculty ratio (20%)
- international faculty (5%)
- international students (5%).