Skills & Employability Week, part of the Welcome Weeks extended induction programme, takes place this year from 26-30 October 2020.
During the week, students at all levels can explore the wide range of development opportunities available to help them get the best from their studies and enhance their future employability.
The week will include live online interactive sessions and independent learning activities and resources on a variety of subjects, for example:
- Develop your study skills: making the most of lectures and effective note-taking
- How apps and software can help you be more productive
- Travel quiz and how to develop your intercultural skills
- Phone photography: how to make your photos look professional
- Get the most out of MS Excel and PowerPoint: number crunching and polishing presentations
- Strategies for successful job hunting: top tips to make your applications stand out
- Job interviews and assessment centres: how to pitch your strengths and skills with confidence
The Skills & Employability Week timetable provides more details about the activities taking place.
The extra-curricular support we provide for students to help them develop the skills they need to succeed in their studies and in their future careers is an important part of the student experience at Bath. Skills & Employability Week offers a great chance for students to discover and try out the range of support that's available. I hope they’ll find the activities both useful and fun! – Dr Cassie Wilson, Vice-President (Student Experience)
The Skills Centre and Careers Service have developed the week's programme in conjunction with the Students' Union and the Digital, Data and Technology team.
We are also launching MySkills to mark the start of Skills & Employability Week. MySkills is a ‘one-stop-shop’ bringing together academic, writing, maths and statistics, language and digital skills, as well as personal development and health and wellbeing opportunities from across the University in one, easy-to-access website.
Students can use MySkills to search for and book the development opportunities they need to get the most out of their time at Bath. MySkills also includes links to useful resources for independent learning.