Thank you to everyone who has volunteered to help out at our 2023 In-Person Undergraduate Open Days on Friday 16 June, Saturday 17 June and Saturday 9 September. We still have some roles to fill so if you are available, please email Lucy Perry with your availability.
For any of you who may not have volunteered previously at an in-person Open Day, here is a taste of the roles and responsibilities that that you could be assigned to:
- Welcoming prospective students and their guests at our ‘Information Points’
- Being a friendly point of contact; talking to them about your experiences and giving them directions
- Managing queues outside the lecture theatres
- Checking tickets before the talks/tours
- Showing visitors around the accommodation blocks which are open for viewing
Hours will vary slightly dependent on your assigned role which we will know nearer to the event dates. Approximate timings would be from 8am – 4.30pm. Staff members working at a Saturday Open Day will receive Time off in Lieu at time and a half.
Our Open Days are always a huge team effort and your help will be greatly appreciated!