Two or three students from any subject discipline will be selected to represent the University of Bath at the UK Singapore Alliance for Entrepreneurship and Innovation Student Hackathon Event in Singapore through a competitive selection process.
What is the UKSAEI Symposium about?
- Reimagine a world with your team’s ideas. Be a part of the conversation as you create a pitch presentation to address challenges based around the UN sustainability goals.
- Bring your skills, interests and personal strengths to the team! Collaborate with students from UK and Singapore universities – together we can embrace diverse perspectives and understand the world around us better to find solutions that can have a real impact on local communities.
- No prior experience is required to take part – all academic disciplines are desirable; all personal interests are welcomed and all life experiences are valuable! Join us with an open mind and a drive to learn.
- Gain exclusive access to meet up-and-coming local start-ups, industry experts and investors and visit innovation entities such as University Innovation Hubs in Singapore.
- Be mentored by industry experts to be ready for the final pitch presentations.
- Fights and accommodation paid for by the International Relations Office.
The tentative hackathon schedule runs from 9am to 6.30pm (SGT) daily from 12 December–16 December 2022:
|Day||Date||Flavour of the day||Schedule|
|1||12 December||Arrival and welcome||Singapore Night Networking hosted by the British High Commissioner to Singapore|
|2||13 December||Opening ceremony, team-building & ideation||Ice breakers, introduction to challenge statements, team formation, field trip|
|3||14 December||Research and industry||Ideation activity, business and marketing masterclasses|
|4||15 December||Innovation ecosystem||Industry spotlights, business mentoring, pitching masterclasses, speaker series by venture capitalists, field trip|
|5||16 December||Hackathon and closing||UKSAEI Hackathon (pitch competition), closing ceremony|
Field trips will include visits to University Entrepreneurship & Innovation facilities, networking with start-ups, Entrepreneurship & Innovation-related government agencies and corporates.
In between the fixed sessions you will meet with your teammates and have the opportunity to have pitch practice with experienced business mentors who will provide feedback in your teams.
If you'd like to be in with a chance to represent the University of Bath at this exciting event, please complete this quick form by 19 October 2022 and the International Relations Office will be in touch with successful applicants after this date.
The UKSAEI student enterprise event is organised by the UKSAEI. If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.