Do you have an idea that could help accelerate and enhance the impact of your research? Do you need to evidence the impact of your knowledge exchange and/or research activities?
If so, consider applying to our Impact funds open call. This fund will support any activities that will help you to:
- achieve, enhance and accelerate the impact of your research, including supporting knowledge exchange, communication and engagement activities
- evidence the impact of your research, including through formal evaluation
- provide training and development opportunities in knowledge exchange and impact
The aim of this fund is to ensure that the impact on society and the economy from our excellent research is optimised and robustly evidenced.
This call is open from the 19 October 2022 until 1 December 2022 for applications, there is a total budget of £45,000 and all funds need to be spent, and activities complete by 31 July 2022. These applications will be assessed by a panel from the University’s Impact Operations Group.
There are two calls:
- projects up to the value of £5,000
- projects up to the value of £10,000
Previous projects have included hosting policy round table event, producing and showcasing films, conducting a formal evaluation the impact of research, evaluating training and development (KE mechanism) to identify evidence of impact, tracking evidence of impact, and engaging with key stakeholders. Every activity will be considered if you can show how it will enhance or evidence the impact of your research.
Email your completed application form to: email@example.com
In addition to the Open Call, the University Impact Fund also consists of:
- Rapid Response call for projects up to £1K which is assessed within 7 days of submission - closing 30 June 2023
- Training Bursary with a total budget of £2.5K - to be booked and completed by 31 July 2023