About the Impact Fund
The Impact Fund is funding from Research England (HEIF) and is worth £25,000. The fund is designed to support activities that will help you to:
- achieve, enhance and accelerate the impact of your research, including supporting knowledge exchange activities
- evidence the impact of your research, including through formal evaluation
- adapt impact related activities in light of COVID-19
The aim of this fund is to ensure that the impact on society and the economy from our excellent research is optimised and robustly evidenced.
There are two funding streams available. The rapid response call facilitates researchers to quickly response to opportunities to enhance the impact of their research. The open response call enables researchers to plan for, evidence and evaluate impact over the longer term.
This call is for applications up to £4000, with a total budget of £12,000. These awards will be assessed and selected by the University's Impact Operations Group. We are particularly interested in projects that plan to build in and develop more formal approaches to evaluating impact of research.
This call is currently closed.
This is call is open from 1 December 2020 until 31 May 2021 for applications of up to £1000, with a total budget of £5000.
These applications will be assessed for funding by the Research Impact Team within 7 working days of submission.
This fund and assessment process has been developed to enable us to respond to your requests for funds in a timely way so that you can take advantage of opportunities as they arise.
Apply to the impact fund
Complete and submit the following application forms to be considered for University impact funding. Please note we have separate forms for each of the two calls:
This funding will help you undertake activities to achieve, enhance and evidence the impact of your research.
Email your completed application form to email@example.com.
Applicants are encouraged to discuss their application with a member of the research impact team. To request an appointment email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- application forms to be kept to three pages of A4
- all funds to be spent by 30 June 2021
- Research Impact Team: email@example.com
- Emma Gibbard, Research Impact Manager, Research and Innovation Services: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Departmental Impact Directors
Find out what resources, support and tools are available to help you with identifying and evidencing the impact of your research from RIS.