We all have worries and feel frightened from time to time. But if anxiety is really holding you back, our five-week online course could help.
Anxiety Aid is a free online course for students struggling to keep worry and anxiety in check.
Over five weekly sessions of 90 minutes, we’ll help you manage your anxiety so it doesn’t rule your life.
Based on Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), the course teaches down-to-earth techniques that can make your anxiety more manageable now – and help you make positive changes over the longer term.
- How the anxiety cycle works and what you can do to disrupt it
- Simple ways of calming the nervous system
- Dealing with inaccurate or unhelpful thoughts
- What to do about worrying
- Facing fearful situations so you can do more of what matters to you
Sessions are held on MS Teams. To take part, you'll need to be in a quiet place where you won’t be disturbed.
This is not group therapy; we don’t expect you to share. But you have to be willing to have a go at the exercises and techniques.
Who is it for?
The course is for students with mild to moderate anxiety. If your anxiety is severe, we recommend you book an appointment with the Wellbeing Service.
What participants say
- "I haven’t felt this good in months! Anxiety used to control my life, but after this course I am able to control it."
- "Provided me with good tools I will take with me, which is amazing as I didn’t know where to start before the course."
- "I was struggling leaving the house when I began, and now feel equipped to self manage my anxiety."
- Wednesday 12 Oct, 2-3.30pm
- Wednesday 19 Oct, 2-3.30pm
- Wednesday 26 Oct, 2-3.30pm
- Wednesday 2 Nov, 2-3.30pm
- Wednesday 9 Nov, 2-3.30pm
Request a place
Use the link below to request a place on the course. We'll get in touch to arrange a short, informal call so we can tell you more about the course and check it's a good option for you.