Black Students Network
A wellbeing programme for black students.
The Black Student Network is a free 7-week online wellbeing programme for Black students.
It’s an opportunity to be inspired, empowered, and challenged to take control of your wellbeing and self-development. Gain practical wellbeing techniques, as well as make connections with like-minded people.
This programme has been designed with the support of wellbeing experts and coaches from the Black community and tailored for University of Bath students who identify as being Black (African, Caribbean, dual or other black heritage). The programme will be led by TEDx motivational speaker and wellbeing coach, Toluwa Oyeleye who will be joined by guest speakers, coaches and entrepreneurs.
The Black student network is a 7 week programme covering:
- am I enough? A group coaching session
- plant your feet on solid ground, dealing with comparison and imposter syndrome.
- 5 steps to a happier life, dealing with low mood, loneliness and creating strong support networks
- what does love have to do with it? What is self-love and why is it important for me?
- labelling and identity, how do you see yourself?
What do previous attendees say?
"I have been able to network with other Black students and have made friends in the process. As the Black community at Bath is quite small, having a safe space and environment to hear about people’s lives and struggles and being able to identify with them increases my sense of belonging"
The next course will be running in Semester 2. Use the contact details below to register your interest. Participation to the full 7 week programme is required.
If you have any questions about the programme please contact us.