- learn how to write effective essays, reports and dissertations
- understand how to reference other people's work correctly
- develop good revision and exam-taking techniques
- access online resources to develop other academic skills like critical thinking and note-taking
Get ahead with skills at Bath
Get the best out of your studies, get set for your future.
Throughout your studies at Bath, you can access a wide range of skills, personal and health and wellbeing development opportunities, online and face to face, designed to complement and fit flexibly around your course.
You can search and sign up for these, and find additional resources to support your studies, your health and wellbeing, on MySkills.
You'll find opportunities to develop your skills in the following areas.
- develop your understanding of maths, statistics, and numeracy concepts
- revise, practise and acquire practical mathematical skills and processes
- improve your management and analysis of numbers, data and statistics
- learn how to use software, programs and mathematical typesetting
- improve your English and work towards a Cambridge English qualification
- learn a new language or improve an existing one
- develop intercultural awareness
- deepen your understanding of British culture and society if you’re a visiting or exchange student
- use digital skills resources to evaluate and develop your digital capabilities, including:
- learn how to use and adapt the right digital devices, applications, software and systems
- find, review, organise and share information effectively
- handle data appropriately and establish good data security practices
- learn how to speak confidently in public
- develop your ability to work well in groups and teams
- enhance your personal leadership skills
- develop skills that employers look for and make your CV stand out
- understand more about mental health
- learn practical skills to protect and improve your mental health
- take part in workshops and activities to enrich your life including cooking, gardening and dog walking
- learn how to manage your finances effectively