How to Have a Good Day
Mired in low mood? Life flat and colourless? This free online course could help you recover your vitality
How to Have a Good Day is a free online course for Bath students feeling down or despondent.
In four weekly 90-minute sessions plus a follow-up session a few weeks on, you'll learn new ways to rediscover enjoyment, vitality and purpose.
You’ll be introduced to practical, evidence-based techniques from Positive Psychology and Cognitive Behavioural Therapy that'll help you lift your mood now – and build your wellbeing over the long term.
- Cultivating positive emotions like pleasure, confidence and optimism.
- Pursuing meaningful activity.
- Building stronger connections with others.
- Improving physical health to boost your mood.
Sessions are run on MS Teams. To take part, you'll need to be in a private place.
This is not group therapy; we don’t expect you to disclose your difficulties. But you do need to be willing to have a go at the exercises and techniques we introduce.
Who is it for?
The course is for you if you're experiencing mild-to-moderate low mood and/or low self-esteem, low motivation and difficulty taking pleasure or interest in activities.
The course is not for those with severe depression or complex mental health problems, in crisis or at serious risk. If that might apply to you, please book an appointment with the Wellbeing Service.
What participants say
- "Taught me transformational techniques to boost my daily motivation & mood"
- "It was fun and made me feel connected to everyone"
- "Made me realise that the power to change my situation lies within me"
The How to Have a Good Day course starting in February 2023 is now full. We may run the course later in the semester if there is sufficient interest. If we do this, we will update this page with new dates. In the meantime, you can register your interest in taking part later in the semester by emailing us using the link below.