Look after your mate
Look after your mate is a mental health workshop run by Student Support and the SU together with Student Minds.
The SU and the Student Support team collaborate with Student Minds to deliver a training session focused on how students can support each other in relation to mental health and wellbeing, whilst maintaining boundaries and considering one's own mental health throughout the process.
We know that often friends are the first support network students turn to when they are experiencing difficulties, but it's not always easy to know what to say when a friend is struggling.
This workshop aims to give you the practical skills and knowledge to support a friend in need whilst protecting your own wellbeing. The workshops will include:
- understanding mental health, the challenges and what support is available
- how to support a friend or colleague experiencing difficulties
- how to start a conversation
- signposting to further support
- understanding your own wellbeing and how to look after yourself
The workshops are open to all students whether you are currently supporting a friend, want to be prepared for the future or just have a keen interest in wellbeing.
Sessions take place throughout the year: