Please note: this is an updated version of our MA Education course which is due to start in October 2024.
This course focuses on education as a conscientious enterprise at all levels from the local to the global, the MA Education at Bath is set apart from others by its international orientation. A key feature of this program is its strong emphasis on global citizenship and its connection to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) in Education.
Whether you are a teacher, lecturer, trainer, educational leader, manager or administrator – or aspiring to a career in education – you will develop the contemporary skills and abilities needed to succeed. This programme will empower you to proactively initiate change, challenge existing processes, and contribute to the ongoing improvement of educational practices.
Across each of our four pathways, you can explore a core of current education topics and research methods. You will learn how to embed the knowledge you will gain within your own professional practice to enhance the way you work.
Gain key skills
You will leave this course with:
- knowledge of research-informed practice, trends and the latest developments in education
- a greater understanding of current educational issues to enhance your own professional practice
- improved research, analysis and critical thinking skills
- experience of undertaking a small-scale research project in your own professional context
- the knowledge and skills to make an enhanced contribution to policy and practice in education
- greater knowledge of the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), allowing you to better understand global challenges and how to address them through education
Learn from experts in their field
You will learn from experts in international education policy and practice, as well as staff in the wider Department of Education. Their passion, knowledge and research shape their teaching to enhance your learning experience.