Whether you are working as a teacher, lecturer, trainer, educational leader, manager or administrator – or aspiring to a career in education – this course will give you a significant insight into the latest trends and leading-edge research, and how those impact on policy and practice.
You will learn how to undertake and use educational research, and to reflect on your own practice, using your knowledge of the latest educational trends and developments, to inform and enhance the way you work.
Gain key skills
You will leave this course with:
- knowledge of research-informed practice, trends and the latest developments in education
- a greater understanding of current educational issues to enhance your own professional practice
- improved research, analysis and critical thinking skills
- experience of undertaking a small-scale research project in your own professional context
- the skills and knowledge to able to make an enhanced contribution to policy and practice in education
The qualification you receive will help to enhance your career opportunities. The international education sector increasingly requires master’s level qualifications for promoted posts.
We also offer the option of studying towards the International Baccalaureate Educator Certificates as part of this course, which may increase your career options further.
Flexible and collaborative learning
You can choose to study your chosen pathway in a variety of different ways.
All units are self-led and online, meaning you can complete this course entirely through distance learning. But you can combine this with short periods of face-to-face learning at our Summer School.
However you choose to study your units, you will interact and collaborate with other students and tutors as you learn. You will receive online support for your coursework assignments and have access to a wealth of online resources via the University library.
Please note: Units studied during a Summer School will still require you to work through and complete the materials online. Summer Schools are designed to complement and enhance your self-led, distance learning.