This course gives you:
- an in-depth understanding of mental health and the factors that can affect wellbeing
- practical skills to spot the triggers and signs of mental health issues
- confidence to step in, reassure and support a person in distress
- enhanced interpersonal skills such as non-judgemental listening
- knowledge to help someone recover their health by guiding them to further support - whether that’s self-help resources, through their employer, the NHS, or a mix
We offer a discounted rate for this training. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to enquire about costs.
- two day face to face course across four manageable sessions
- learning takes place through a mix of presentations, group discussions and workshop activities
- each session is built around a Mental Health First Aid action plan
- we limit numbers to 16 people per course so that the instructor can keep people safe and supported while they learn
Who is this course for?
- University of Bath professional and academic staff and Student Union staff supporting students
Everyone who completes the course gets:
- certificate of attendance to say you are a Mental Health First Aider
- manual to refer to whenever you need it
- quick reference card for the Mental Health First Aid action plan
- workbook including a helpful toolkit to support your own mental health
The next dates for this course will be:
The course will be held on the main campus.
For further information and to book, please contact email@example.com