Mindfulness for Life
This five-week course draws on mindfulness and CBT to help you deal with stress and anxiety, depression, physical pain and other challenges
Mindfulness for Life is a course for students wishing to learn mindfulness skills for navigating life's challenges. It can even enhance your capacity for joy and creativity.
Over five weekly sessions, we'll guide you through a range of sitting, walking and movement meditations. Teaching and group discussion will help you apply what you learn in your mindfulness practice to your everyday life.
Most people finishing the course report lasting benefits including:
- increased capacity to relax and stay calm
- greater energy and enthusiasm
- improved ability to cope with stress
- better relationships.
This evidence-based course is taught on campus by experienced mindfulness teachers from the Therapeutic Services team.
Full attendance is expected.
What people say
- "Has certainly gone some way to alleviate my anxiety and stress. I feel I now have the tools to manage these emotions."
- "The course became such an integral part of my week that I have partnered with other participants to carry a regular practice onwards."
- "I am experiencing a range of difficulties and, whilst they have not changed, I have been able to 'be with' them and it feels more manageable."
- "Finishing the class each week felt like a new beginning and allowed a fresh sense of purpose."
- "I found the group extremely supportive and it was good to share experiences."
- Wednesday 6 March 2024, 1.15pm-2.05pm
- Wednesday 13 March 2024, 1.15pm-2.05pm
- Wednesday 20 March 2024, 1.15pm-2.05pm
- Wednesday 27 March 2024, 1.15pm-2.05pm
- Wednesday 17 April 2024, 1.15pm-2.05pm
Please register your interest using the link below.