Mindfulness for Life
This five-week course draws on mindfulness and CBT to help you deal with stress and anxiety, depression, physical pain and other challenges
Mindfulness for Life is an online course for students wishing to learn mindfulness skills for navigating life's challenges. It can even enhance your capacity for joy and creativity.
Over five weekly sessions of 75 minutes, we'll guide you through a range of sitting, walking and movement meditations. Teaching and group discussion will help you apply what you learn in your mindfulness practice to your everyday life.
Most people finishing the course report lasting benefits including:
- increased capacity to relax and stay calm
- greater energy and enthusiasm
- improved ability to cope with stress
- better relationships.
This evidence-based course is taught by two experienced mindfulness teachers from the Therapeutic Services team.
Full attendance is expected.
What people say
- "Has certainly gone some way to alleviate my anxiety and stress. I feel I now have the tools to manage these emotions."
- "The course became such an integral part of my week that I have partnered with other participants to carry a regular practice onwards."
- "I am experiencing a range of difficulties and, whilst they have not changed, I have been able to 'be with' them and it feels more manageable."
- "Finishing the class each week felt like a new beginning and allowed a fresh sense of purpose."
- "I found the group extremely supportive and it was good to share experiences."
- Tuesday 1 November, 12 noon-1.15pm
- Tuesday 8 November, 12 noon-1.15pm
- Tuesday 15 November, 12 noon-1.15pm
- Tuesday 22 November, 12 noon-1.15pm
- Tuesday 29 November, 12 noon-1.15pm
Request a place
Use the link below to request a place on the course. We'll get in touch to arrange a short, informal call so we can tell you more about the course and check it's a good option for you.