In order to be considered for the bursary you need to:
- hold a BSc, BA or BEng undergraduate honours degree from the University of Bath
- be a Home (UK) student and have received an offer to study an eligible master's course*
- have no more than a one-year gap between finishing your undergraduate degree and starting your postgraduate degree
- have been previously in receipt of an undergraduate Bath Bursary or Gold Scholarship Programme award
Students who hold an integrated undergraduate master's degree are not eligible for the PGT Bursary.
*An eligible master's course is one that leads to an MSc, MBA, MA or standalone MRes. The course can have a maximum duration of two years for a full-time course or four years for a part-time course. Part-time courses must be studied at a minimum of 50% intensity (for example, a course which would take one year if studied full-time may take up to two years if studied part-time). Distance Learning courses are not eligible for this bursary.
Alongside a supporting statement we will look at the widening participation data we hold about you in your student record from your undergraduate studies. This will include areas such as whether:
We may also take into account:
- your achieved undergraduate degree classification
- if your gender is underrepresented in your academic department
- if your ethnicity is underrepresented in your academic faculty