If there is an emergency, call 666 from a landline or 01225 383999 from a mobile phone.
Safety and security at the University
Bath offers one of the safest campuses and cities in the UK. Find out what out Security team does to make your time at the University as safe as possible.
You’ll often see our dedicated accommodation Security team checking in on the residences and offering support to students, including:
- Welfare - all Security staff are trained in first aid at work and mental health first aid, so they can provide welfare support when other professional services are not available. This is for students both on and off campus and for those living in private accommodation. They work closely with the Student Living Support team and Student Services, and will refer you if you need more help.
- Maintenance - if you have a sudden power outage or water leak in your accommodation out of usual hours, Security officers are just a phone call away.
- Crime prevention - you can ask the team for advice on crime prevention, and any related concerns. Our Security team regularly liaise with the local police.
- Lock outs - if you’re locked out of your room in the middle of the night, call Security who can give you access again.
- Over 500 security cameras across campus, monitored 24/7 by the security control room
- The SafeZone mobile app
- First response to any fire alarms, emergencies and medical incidents
- Secure electronic door access for many buildings, including accommodation
- A Security desk in the Library, staffed 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year
- Security for events
- Supporting the Students’ Union security team when needed
- Vehicle parking across University sites