Skip to main content

Support for Care Leavers, Foyer residents and Estranged students

If you are leaving care, a Foyer resident, or Estranged from your parents, the Retention and Student Success Team can provide support.

Applying to Bath as a Care Leaver

If you are a Care Leaver, or if you have a background in care, we will give you advice and guidance throughout the application process.

I wanted to express my gratitude for the incredible impact you have had on my life from the beginning to graduation.
  • What is a Care Leaver?
  • What is meant by care experience?
  • Guaranteed offers for Care Leavers
  • Local Authority funding for Care Leavers

Applying to Bath as an Estranged Student

The University encourages you to disclose your estrangement so additional support can be provided.

  • Am I an Estranged Student?
  • Information on providing evidence
  • Stand Alone Guidance
  • Read about about life at Bath from some of our Estranged students


The University of Bath offers eligible undergraduate students a non-repayable bursary

  • Bursaries for Care Leavers, Foyer Leavers and Estranged students
  • Process to apply for the Care Leaver/Foyer or Estranged Student Bursary

Key Contacts and Support

Who can help and what is available

From free temporary summer storage to budgeting tools - we have the contacts that can support your university experience.

External Organisations and Charities

Further resources and support

  • Care Leaver Support Organisations and Charities
  • Estranged Support Organisations and Charities

Student Retention and Success

Contact us for more information