Following the latest government guidance the University has updated our roadmap out of lockdown with information for students and staff (Updated 30 April 2021).
During the revision and assessments period, the Library is open 24 hours a day as usual and Study Spaces across campus and in the City can be booked between 08.15 to 22.00 including weekends until the end of semester.
Study Spaces are for quiet, individual study. Bookings for households and groups cannot be accommodated due to social distancing requirements.
Follow the links below to book study spaces:
- The Library - individual study room available: Rm 4.06 (seat 11)
- The Virgil Building in the city centre - individual study rooms available
- Norwood House - individual study rooms available
- 6 West South
- The Chancellors' Building
- 8 West
- 10 West Graduate Commons (L2 for all student bookings, L4-5 Postgraduate study only)
- Lewis House in the city centre
Using study spaces
Study Spaces are socially distanced in open plan areas. Individual Study Rooms are available in some locations, use the booking system menu options for each location to review the spaces available.
Face coverings should be worn at all times. If you have an exemption please carry or wear a sunflower lanyard. When you arrive at your reserved study space, you need to confirm your arrival. Please refer to the booking email for details.
If you do not arrive within 15 minutes of the start of your booking time, the space will be released for someone else to book.
When using the spaces, you must:
- wear a face covering - if you have an exemption please carry or wear a sunflower lanyard.
- clean the desk before and after you use it
- vacate your space by the end of your booked time
- not move any furniture from marked study spaces
- observe social distancing and keep at least two metres apart; do not sit opposite others
- wash or sanitise your hands regularly
- follow any directional signage
- keep windows open
- not consume any food
- make sure any drinks are in sealed bottles, flasks or reusable cups with lids
- leave the space clean and tidy when you've finished
- remember that study spaces are for quiet study; do not disturb others
If you use a study space in the Library, see the most current rules and guidance here.