Study and get support at The Virgil Building
Find out about the services and facilities available to you for study and personal support at our city centre hub.
Services and support
The building is now open.
You can use the Learning Commons and café, and get help with:
- careers advice and academic skills development
- counselling and personal wellbeing
- disability advice
- financial advice
- finding local part-time work
You can get careers information, advice and guidance through:
- one-to-one pre-booked appointments with Careers Advisers
- information resources at the enquiry desk
- skills development workshops
- opportunities to meet employers
Visit us 9.30am to 5pm, Monday to Friday.
Our Norwood office is now closed.
Students’ Union Student Development
We can help you get valuable employment experience and skills, including:
- networking sessions with local employers
- skills training sessions led by students, employers and staff
- student-led Enterprise group activities and support
- drop-in zone for Student Trainers and Enterprise Students
- Bath Award drop-in sessions, workshops and one-to-one appointments
- Volunteer Recognition Scheme advice
Visit us 10am to 4pm, Monday to Friday.
We can help you find part-time work opportunities and local three month internships.
Visit us Monday to Friday, 10am to 4pm.
You can make use of:
- one-to-one pre-booked tutorials on academic skills and writing
- academic skills classes and workshops
- evening foreign language classes
We're your first point of contact for a range of information and support to help you with your studies and student life.
We can support you through guidance, advice and workshops. You can book appointments with us for:
- student money advice
- disability advice
- mentoring for disabled students.
We also offer workshop sessions including mindfulness, yoga and wellbeing.
To book your appointment at The Virgil Building, please visit the Student Services Centre on campus or call us on 01225 383838. We are open Monday to Friday, 9.30am to 4.30pm.
At Virgil Building you'll be able to:
- access all of your online learning resources and services from networked PCs or your own devices
- make use of individual and group study spaces
- use the IT suite
- book training rooms
- return Library books, which we'll deliver to the campus Library
- get Library and IT advice sheets and guides
- print and photocopy items using your Library card
The Learning Commons are open:
- Monday to Friday, 8am to 10pm
- Saturday and Sunday, 10am to 8pm
Book a Room
You can book meeting rooms at the Virgil Building by contacting the Virgil Building Reception team: firstname.lastname@example.org
Book a Hot Desk
You can reserve a Hot Desk space by contacting the Virgil Building Reception team: email@example.com
You can buy snacks, tea, coffee and juice at campus prices.