Members of the statistics group work at the interface of methodology and application. We focus on producing models and methods which can be directly applied beyond academic statistics, and we are working with several national and international companies and organisations.
The applications we consider are varied and include medicine, environmental science and finance. In addition to core statistical research, members of the group undertake collaborative work where this has a substantial innovative component, and we are always interested in establishing new industrial partnerships and interdisciplinary projects.
Areas of expertise
- Computational Statistics: Bayesian nonparametrics, Markov chain Monte Carlo methods, Nonparametric regression.
- High-dimensional Statistics: Graphical models, Network analysis, Time series analysis.
- Medical Statistics: Clinical Trials, Missing Data, Survival Analysis.
- Spatial and Environmental Statistics: Extreme value analysis, Spatial data analysis.
- Statistical Learning: Changepoint detection, Classification, Clustering.