This page contains a selection of recently published books from members of the Centre for the Study of Violence. They focus explicitly on the problem of violence.
Brad Evans (Director)
- Conversations on Violence: An Anthology, Evans, B. & Parr, A., 21 Mar 2021, Pluto Press
- Ecce Humanitas: Beholding the Pain of Humanity, Evans, B., 1 Jul 2021, Columbia University Press
- Atrocity Exhibition: Life in the age of total violence, Evans, B., 2 Mar 2019, The Los Angeles Review of Books
- Violence: Humans in Dark Times, Evans, B. & Lennard, N., 2018, San Francisco, U. S. A.: City Lights Publishers
- Disposable Futures: The Seduction of Violence in the Age of the Spectacle, Evans, B. & Giroux, H. A., 15 Jun 2015, City Lights Publishers
Paul Higate (Associate Director)
- Private Security in Africa: From the Global Assemblage to the Everyday, Higate, P. & Utas, M., 15 Jun 2017, Zed Books.
- Making Ubumwe: Power, State and Camps in Rwanda's Unity-Building Project, Purdekova, A., 31 Oct 2015, Berghahn Books.
- Years of Conflict: Adolescence, Political Violence and Displacement, Hart, J. (ed.), 2008, Berghahn Books.
- The Fragility-Grievances-Conflict Triangle in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA), Kivimäki, T. (ed.) & Jawad, R. (ed.), 24 Mar 2022, Basel: MDPI.
- Protecting the Global Civilian from Violence: UN discourses and practices in fragile states, Kivimäki, T., 11 May 2021, Routledge.
- Failure to protect. The Path to and Consequences of Humanitarian Interventionism, Kivimaki, T., 4 Mar 2019, Cheltenham: Edward Elgar Publishing Ltd.
- The Long Peace of East Asia, Kivimaki, T., 15 May 2014, Routledge
- [Can Peace Research Make Peace? Lessons in Academic Diplomacy]9https://researchportal.bath.ac.uk/en/publications/can-peace-research-make-peace-lessons-in-academic-diplomacy), Kivimäki, T., 10 Oct 2012, Routledge.
- Graphic Narratives of Organised Crime, Gender and Power in Europe: Discarded Footnotes, Allum, F. & Mitchell, A., 25 Apr 2022, 1st ed. Routledge. 174 p. (Routledge Studies in Gender, Sexuality, and Comics)
- Italian Mafias Today: Territory, Business and Politics, Allum, F., Clough Marinaro, I. (ed.) & Sciarrone, R. (ed.), 4 Sep 2019, Edward Elgar Publishing Ltd.
- The Handbook of Organised Crime and Politics, Allum, F. (ed.) & Gilmour, S. (ed.), 2019, 1 ed. Cheltenham: Edward Elgar Publishing Ltd
- The Invisible Camorra: Neapolitan Crime Families across Europe, Allum, F., 8 Nov 2016, Ithaca, U. S. A.: Cornell University Press
- Defining and Defying Organised Crime: Discourse, Perceptions and Reality Allum, F. (ed.), Longo, F., Irrera, D. & Kostakos, P., 16 Feb 2010, Abingdon, U. K.: Routledge
- International Relations Then and Now: Origins and Trends in Interpretation (2nd ed.) Groom, A. J. R., Barrinha, A. & Olson, W. C., 23 Apr 2019, Abingdon, U. K.: Routledge.
- A Global Dimension: EU's Conflict Management in the Neighborhood and Beyond Barrinha, A. (ed.), 2008, Friedrich Ebert Stiftung. Brett Edwards
- Insecurity and Emerging Biotechnology: Governing Misuse Potential, Edwards, B., 10 Feb 2019, Palgrave Pivot, Cham
- Cooperation and Conflict? Problematizing Organizational Overlap in Europe, Galbreath, D. J. (ed.) & Gebhard, C. (ed.), 2010, London: Ashgate.
- Routledge Handbook of Defence Studies, Galbreath, D. (ed.) & Deni, J. (ed.), 22 Feb 2018, London, U. K.: Routledge
- Contemporary European Security, Galbreath, D. (ed.), Chappell, L. (ed.) & Mawdsley, J. (ed.), 2019, (Acceptance date) Abingdon: Routledge
- Defence Studies, Galbreath, D. (ed.) & Neads, A. (ed.), 20 Mar 2020, Routledge.
- Tourism and Memory: Visitor Experiences of the Nazi and GDR Past, Pastor, D., 24 Nov 2021, 1st ed. London: Routledge.
- The Fabric of Fear: Building Franco’s New Society in Spain, 1936-1950, Marco, J. & Gómez Bravo, G., 4 Jan 2023, Liverpool University Press.
- La guerra de España en nuestras raíces. Ancestros, subjetividad y el oficio del historiador, Marco, J., 25 Mar 2022, Postmetrópolis.
- Hijos de una guerra. Los hermanos Quero y la resistencia antifranquista (Translated title of the contribution: Children of a War: The Quero brothers and the antifascist resistance), Marco, J., May 2019, Comares. Salida de las tinieblas. Memorias de un toxicómano en la República, la guerra y el franquismo (Translated title of the contribution: Out of Darkness: Memoirs of a Drug Addict during the Second Republic, the Spanish Civil War and the Francoist Dictatorship), Alonso Pérez, J. & Marco, J. (ed.), 11 Nov 2019, Granada: Comares
- Guerrilleros and Neighbours in Arms: Identities and Cultures of Anti-fascist Resistance in Spain, Marco, J., 31 Jan 2016, Brighton, U. K.: Sussex Academic Press.
- Spiritual Contestations, Violence and Peace in South Sudan, Pendle, N., 22 Feb 2022, (Acceptance date) James Currey.
- Mission Improbable: The Transformation of the Army Reserve, Bury, P., 31 Jan 2019, Hampshire: Howgate.
- Callsign Hades, Bury, P., 10 Sep 2010, Simon & Schuster.
- Spoiling the peace? The threat of dissident republicans to peace in Northern Ireland, Whiting, S., 30 Jun 2015, Manchester: Manchester University Press.
- Precision Strike Warfare and International Intervention: Strategic, Ethico-Legal and Decisional Implications, Aaronson, M., Aslam, W., Dyson, T. & Rauxloh, R., 15 Sep 2014, London, U. K.: Routledge.
- The United States and Great Power Responsibility in International Society: Drones, Rendition and Invasion, Aslam, W., 25 Jun 2013, Abingdon, U. K.: Routledge.
- Latin American Foreign Policies: Between Ideology and Pragmatism, Gardini, G. L. (ed.) & Lambert, P. (ed.), 2011, New York, U. S. A.: Palgrave Macmillan
- Political Violence and the Construction of National Identity in Latin America, Lambert, P., 2006, New York: Palgrave Macmillan.