The University of Bath, Bath Spa University, University of Bristol, UWE Bristol, and their respective Students’ Unions have made a joint commitment outlining how we will support students affected by sexual violence or harassment.
The Vice-Chancellors from each of the Universities, and The Students’ Unions’ Presidents and Officers commit to the following:
- We will work to ensure our staff take a person-centred approach to support students affected by
sexual violence or harassment. You will be heard, listened to, and supported by your University and
- Sexual violence and harassment will not be tolerated by the Universities or Students’ Unions.
- We will raise awareness of appropriate support and organisations to aid the recovery of students
that have been affected by sexual violence and harassment.
- Students will be supported to report sexual violence or harassment should they wish to do so. This
includes through external organisations.
- We will work together across the University of Bath, Bath Spa University, University of Bristol and
UWE Bristol where cases include individuals from different institutions.
- We will provide our staff and students with the tools to speak up and address inappropriate
behaviour by providing training, accessible online resources and clear reporting channels.
- The Universities and the Students’ Unions will actively work locally with external organisations to
address sexual violence and harassment.
- We will work preventatively to help students understand consent and will take an educative
approach to tackling sexual violence and harassment.
- We understand that certain groups are more at risk of sexual violence and harassment. We will
take an intersectional approach to support.
- We will ensure that our policies and procedures are aligned to support this pledge
If you are a student who has been affected by sexual assault, sexual harassment or rape we can advise you on how to get help and support. Our sexual assault or harassment page can guide you through support available.
Our Student Support Advice Team are available if you would like to speak to someone about an incident or support.
The SU Advice and Support team can provide support.
Our NeverOK initiative aims to tackle all forms of harassment, bullying, sexual misconduct and discrimination.