Terms of reference
- To consider nominations for the annual Godfrey and Sue Hall Postgraduate Research Student Prize, creating a shortlist of up to five finalists to present their research at a dedicated event, and to award the winner.
- To recommend to Senate the criteria for prize nominations.
- To apply the prize criteria fairly and consistently, addressing unconscious bias and ensuring that decisions are consistent with equality, diversity and inclusion considerations.
- To approve revoking prizes to individuals where situations may arise post-award.
- To make an annual report to Senate on the Committee’s activity.
- To conduct a biennial effectiveness review.
Chair: A Pro-Vice-Chancellor or nominee
Ex-officio members: Academic Director of the Doctoral College, Director of Doctoral College Operations and Associate PVC Research (Doctoral)
Other members: Four members of academic staff, one from each faculty and the School of Management.
All new members are subject to the approval of the Vice-Chancellor, which shall be reported to Senate.
Attendance: Any other staff members, at the discretion of the Chair
Secretary: Secretary and member of the Governance Team
In the absence of any specific rules, the procedure is as set out in the Standing Orders of Senate
Quorum: One-third of membership, three voting members
Frequency of meetings: One meeting and one presentation event per year
Minutes: Submitted to members and decisions are reported to Senate
Owner: Godfrey and Sue Hall Postgraduate Research Student Prize Committee
Version number: 3
Approval Date: 5 December 1990, updated 8 June 2022 and 19 April 2023
Approved By: Senate
Date of last review: 19 April 2023
Read more about the Godfrey and Sue Hall Postgraduate Research Student Prize.