Terms of reference
- to recommend to Senate for approval persons worthy of the conferment of an honorary degree and the appropriate degree for each such person.
- To appoint Orators for recipients of honorary degrees.
- To recommend to Council and Senate the waiving of Ordinance 14.12 if necessary when appointing Orators for recipients of honorary degrees.
- To recommend to Senate the criteria for honorary degree nominations.
- To recommend to Senate the annual award of the Chancellor's Medal.
- To determine the procedures for submission and consideration of honorary degree nominations and subsequent award of honorary degrees.
Appointment of Chair
The Vice-Chancellor takes the Chair.
Membership consists of:
- the Vice-Chancellor
- two members of Council who are not members of Senate elected by Council
- four members of Academic Staff, two of whom are members of Senate, elected by Senate
- one Students' Union Officer, appointed by Nominations Committee
- one member of Professional Services Staff, appointed by the Vice-Chancellor
There shall be a quorum at meetings of one-third of the membership. See Council Standing Order 16(vi).
Rules of voting
There are no specified rules for voting.
Minutes are submitted to Senate.
|Owner:||Honorary Degrees Committee|
|Approval Date:||June 2006|
|Approved By:||Senate and Council|
|Date of last review:||June 2006|