Research ethics case studies by Bath University staff
An investigation into the relationship between online behaviour and collective action
User-testing guidelines to improve the safety of intravenous medicines administration
Exploring how we can understand and practice recovery from childhood trauma differently
Is depression associated with reduced optimistic belief updating?
An ERC funded pilot to support people to increase their power to meet their needs
Research integrity case studies by faculty
Other situational case studies
- Suspicions of misconduct
- Concerns about questionable research practices
- Ethical approval for an internet-based research project
- A potential conflict of interest
- Accusation of ‘self-plagiarism’ in a review article
- ‘Accidental’ plagiarism
- Unjustified authorship?
- Uncontactable or uncooperative co-author (two scenarios)
- Data ownership issue
- Suspicions of inappropriate image manipulation
- A case of ‘prior publication’?
- A hyped press release
- Being a peer reviewer