Research ethics case studies by Bath University staff
Research integrity case studies by faculty
Other situational case studies
- Suspicions of misconduct
- Concerns about questionable research practices
- Ethical review for an internet-based research project
- A potential conflict of interest
- Accusation of ‘self-plagiarism’ in a review article
- ‘Accidental’ plagiarism
- Unjustified authorship?
- Uncontactable or uncooperative co-author (two scenarios)
- Data ownership issue
- Suspicions of inappropriate image manipulation
- A case of ‘prior publication’?
- A hyped press release
- Being a peer reviewer