Please read the guidelines below before making any booking requests. Acceptance of the terms of booking on the self-service room booking form, will be taken as confirmation that the requestor has read this page. For information on the current room booking process for staff and students please see the Booking Rooms webpage.
Freedom of Expression
This code of Practice describes the framework within which staff and students of the University and visitors enjoy the right to freedom of expression. This was approved by Council on 15th May 2008 and all room users should make themselves familiar with the Code of Practice (Regulation18) regulations. Acceptance of the Terms of Booking is taken as confirmation that users have also read this document.
Guidelines for the use of General Teaching Rooms [GTA]
- No smoking
- No food or drink in teaching rooms unless agreed in advance with Timetabling. Please note there will be no permission granted for ANY food or drink in tiered lecture theatres or computer rooms.
- Clean any whiteboards or chalkboards at the end of your booking
- Please be aware of others using rooms nearby and keep noise levels to a minimum. If you want to book a room for an activity which may disturb others, please contact Timetabling and we will allocate a room which is suitable to your requirements.
- Please log off from AV equipment at the end of your booking
- All AV equipment must remain switched on standby for subsequent users and should only be switched off or unplugged by AV staff - the rooms are remotely managed and the equipment will be shut down at the appropriate time
- Close any windows at the end of your booking
- All rooms must be vacated by five minutes past the hour. All room bookings are allocated at one hourly intervals, starting at fifteen minutes past each hour - single bookings are for 50 minutes, ending at five minutes past the hour - this timing allows for the interchange of students and the installation of equipment
- The furniture within each room is set out in a particular way to conform to the University's teaching requirements - wall diagrams in each location illustrate the correct arrangement - if you move the furniture you should return it to the correct arrangement at the end of your booking
- Please do not move furniture and equipment between lecture rooms - if you find the room in an unsatisfactory condition please supply details on a Problem Report Form
Information on room use - Covid-19
For further information on room booking policy please see the Timetabling and Room Booking statement