Undergraduate courses starting in 2022
Mathematics bridges the gap between the theoretical and physical worlds and is crucial for many other subjects from the physical and social sciences to management and business.
Our courses will give you a strong theoretical and practical understanding in mathematics, statistics and computing. At Bath we also aim to give you an appreciation of the scope, value and beauty of mathematics. From that solid start, you'll become highly adept at problem solving and ready for a successful career in many fields.
Placements and study year abroad
All our courses include the option of a placement year or study year abroad where you can take advantage of our excellent links with industry and leading research institutions. They are a great way to gain valuable experience to add to your CV, try out a possible career path or experience a new culture.
We offer four maths courses, all are flexible with a wide choice of units after year one. You may be able to switch courses during the first year.
- Mathematical Sciences combines traditional mathematics with statistics and computing. There are a wide range of module options so it's ideal if you’d like to keep your options open and study a range of topics.
- Mathematics. You'll gain specialist knowledge in pure mathematics with core options in applied mathematics and/or statistics. The MMath option is for you if you're considering postgraduate research or a career in mathematics.
- Mathematics and Statistics will give you specialist knowledge in pure and applied mathematics with a particular focus on statistics.
- Mathematics, Statistics and Data Science will give you a range of skills in applied mathematics, programming, statistics and data analysis, leading to a career in data science or a related field. This degree doesn't require Further Maths for entry.
You can watch course videos and find out more about living and studying at Bath by visiting our Mathematical Sciences Virtual Experience page.
- Mathematics BSc (Hons) – 4 years including placement year
- Mathematics BSc (Hons) – 4 years including study year abroad
- Mathematics BSc (Hons) – 3 years
- Mathematics MMath (Hons) – 5 years including placement year
- Mathematics MMath (Hons) – 4 years
- Mathematics MMath (Hons) – 4 years including study year abroad
Top 10 for graduate prospects for mathematics in the Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2022