Undergraduate courses starting in 2022
Play a vital role in the discovery, development and testing of treatments to improve global health.
Pharmacologists study the effects of drugs on the body – where they act, what they do, and their mechanism of action. You’ll gain a thorough understanding of physiology at the molecular, tissue and whole-body level. Through our highly practical classes, you'll develop the necessary skills to prepare you for a career in research or pharmaceutical development.
As a pharmacology student at Bath, you’ll get to:
- Study at one of the top schools of pharmacy and pharmacology in the UK, ranked Top 10 in the three leading national league tables for 2021.
- Gain professional experience on an optional year-long work placement in the UK or abroad, with the full support of a dedicated placements team.
- Learn pharmacology from day one, rather than a general ‘core’ science year.
- Carry out an extensive research project to develop your practical skills.
- Improve your CV by completing the optional Home Office Licence Training Course.
- Work in dedicated pharmacology labs, designed to reflect the practical settings found in industry.
- Benefit from our excellent connections with industry, including companies such GSK and Astra Zeneca, to help you out with placements, final year projects and career opportunities.
Find out more about studying Pharmacology at Bath by visiting our Pharmacology Virtual Experience page.
Top 10 for pharmacology and pharmacy in The Times and The Sunday Times Good University Guide 2021