Chemists study the structure, properties and synthesis of matter, preparing you for a wide range of careers from industry to business or healthcare.
Our highly practical courses give you the knowledge and interdisciplinary skills to apply what you’ve learnt to a wide range of problems in chemistry. You'll be able to explore and move seamlessly between areas such as nanotechnology, drug development, sustainability and new materials, ready to be part of the next generation of scientists.
As a chemistry student at Bath, you'll get to:
- Study at a highly regarded University. Bath was top 10 in three national league tables for 2022 and chemistry had a 97% satisfaction rating in the National Student Survey 2021.
- Boost your experience and employability with the option to go on a placement or study abroad.
- Gain vital practical experience in our well equipped labs, developing skills in problem solving, group working and report writing.
- Keep your options open. The core material in the first year of all our chemistry courses is the same, giving you the flexibility to switch courses if you change your mind about what area you’d like to specialise in.
- Be part of a supportive department with friendly staff, an open-door culture and an active student community.
Watch course videos, visit the labs in our 360 tour and find out more about living and studying at Bath on our Chemistry Virtual Experience page.