Play a vital role in the discovery, development and testing of therapeutic agents to improve global health.
Pharmacologists study disease processes and the impact of drugs on the body – where they act and what they do – as well as areas of novel drug discovery. You’ll gain a thorough understanding of physiology at the molecular, tissue and whole-body level. Through our highly practical classes, you'll develop the necessary skills to prepare you for a career in research or pharmaceutical development.
Find out how a pharmacology degree can shape your career.
Sign up for our pharmacology webinar on 2 November at 12.30pm GMT and learn about the broad range of careers you can go into with an undergraduate pharmacology degree from Bath.
As a pharmacology student at Bath, you’ll get to:
- Study at one of the top schools of pharmacy and pharmacology in the UK, ranked Top 10 in leading national league tables for 2022.
- Gain professional experience on an optional professional placement in the UK or abroad, with the full support of a dedicated placements team.
- Learn pharmacology from day one, rather than a general ‘core’ science year.
- Carry out an extensive research project to develop your practical skills.
- Improve your CV by completing the optional Home Office Licence Training Course.
- Work in dedicated pharmacology labs, designed to reflect the practical settings found in industry.
- Benefit from our excellent connections with industry, including companies such as GSK and AstraZeneca, to help you out with placements, projects, and career opportunities.
Find out more about studying Pharmacology at Bath by visiting our Pharmacology Virtual Experience page.
Read more about choosing between Pharmacy and Pharmacology.
5th for pharmacology and pharmacy in the Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2024