Pharmacists are at the front-line of the modern healthcare system. Experts in medicines design and use, they play a critical role in improving patient health and wellbeing.
The content and structure of this course will reflect the revised standards for pharmacists training set by the General Pharmaceutical Council (GPhC) from October 2023. This is shown in more detail in the course structure section of course pages.
Our courses will give you a unique knowledge of both the scientific development and clinical use of medicines, equipping you with the skills for a rewarding career in pharmacy or pharmaceutical research.
As a pharmacy student at Bath, you’ll get to:
- Study at one of the top schools of pharmacy in the UK. We're ranked Top 10 in leading national league tables for 2022 and our graduates consistently achieve high pass rates in the General Pharmaceutical Council’s pre-registration assessment.
- Use specialist facilities in our dedicated Pharmacy Practice and Simulation Suites, including SimMan 3G and ALS, an advanced robotic patient simulator.
- Gain extensive clinical experience from year one through a variety of placements, giving you the confidence to communicate effectively with patients.
- Develop your research skills by completing a research project in the Department or a partner organisation in Europe, Australia, New Zealand, the USA or Brazil.
- Work with medical, nursing, psychology and social work students in inter-professional sessions, to build confidence in your professional practice role.
- Take advantage of our excellent links with the pharmaceutical industry, NHS providers and community pharmacy employers such as Boots and Lloyds.
Find out more about studying pharmacy and what it's like living and studying at Bath by visiting our Pharmacy Virtual Experience page.
Read more about choosing between Pharmacy and Pharmacology.
Pharmacy at Bath
Hear from our pharmacy students about the course, the practice placements and what it's like studying at Bath.
Some of our awards, accolades and league table rankings.
5th for pharmacology and pharmacy in the Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2023