How to plan your doctorate
This workshop will introduce you to a planning toolkit and by the end of the workshop you will know how to use it to plan your doctorate
About the workshop
A doctorate is a major undertaking yet many people spend more time planning a weekend away than they do planning the next three years of their life. This generally leads to missing deadlines, running overtime, regular crises and lots of stress. If you want to finish on time and enjoy the process along the way then it is important to have a good plan.
You need some very specific skills and tools to plan a doctorate. This workshop will introduce you to a planning toolkit and by the end of the workshop you will know how to use it to plan your doctorate.
You will learn how to:
- create your big picture thesis plan
- unpack your thesis down into logical parts
- create tasks lists for each stage of your thesis
- estimate times and schedule tasks
- create a Gantt chart for your thesis
- keep on track as you implement your plan
- plan your writing
- manage the finances -identify risks and deal with setbacks