Introduction to teaching as a postgraduate: assisting learning
Compulsory training for postgraduate students who are expecting to undertake teaching activities at the University
About the workshop
This half-day training workshop is compulsory for postgraduate students who will be facilitating laboratory classes, workshops or problem classes. It is intended for those who, in general, will be working alongside other staff and students rather than running sessions independently.
The training is a general introduction to teaching and supporting learning and will cover:
- how your role fits into the undergraduate learning experience
- considering what undergraduates need to know/do
- how to respond to questions
- how to facilitate undergraduates in solving maths-based problems
- top tips for working with the Unit Convenor and the department
You should only book onto this course if you have been offered a teaching position in your department.