About the workshop
This session will explain the purpose of confirmation and explore what the panel assessors are looking for. In addition, we will look at:
- the formal process of confirmation, from preparation to report approval
- the informal process, variations
- how to get the most from the panel
At the end of this session, you should:
- be familiar with the role of panels in the process
- understand the formal regulations governing confirmation
- be able to engage with the process as a significant and constructive learning experience
Book a place
Please note - if you book a place you are required to attend the whole of the session. If you are unable to commit to this, please cancel your place in plenty of time and let another student attend. Please arrive promptly to the session and remember to sign the attendance sheet.
Dr Nigel Johnston
Who should attend
Doctoral students in the Faculty of Engineering and Design
Please contact us if you have any special requirements.