Staying motivated in your PhD
Learn how to identify and use different techniques that will help you stay on track during your PhD.
About the workshop
After the initial momentum of starting a PhD, it can be easy to begin to go off-track. The mid-PhD slump in motivation is a well-known experience for many doctoral students, as they have already invested a lot of time and energy, yet can’t quite see the light at the end of the tunnel.
During this reflective and interactive session you will take stock of progress on your PhD, think about the different ways in which you are motivated and make plans to ensure you will complete on time.
Specifically, by the end of the session you will have:
- assessed progress and risks to your research project
- identified and planned the different ways in which you will regain and maintain motivation
- specified your priorities for the remainder of the PhD
- planned ways to improve your time management
- identified who else can support you and considered how you might maintain their motivation
Book a place
Please note - if you book a place you are required to attend the whole of the session. If you are unable to commit to this, please cancel your place in plenty of time and let another student attend. Please arrive promptly to the session and remember to sign the attendance sheet.