About the workshop
When working with a long document like your PhD thesis, if you don't use styles, then making the smallest change can take hours. This course also looks at using Word's built-in features to create tables of contents, tables of figures and indexes. This session is a self-paced workshop. You will be following examples at your own pace and a trainer will be on hand to advise you.
Please note: This session is not a drop-in session for assistance with your own work. You will be required to complete a workbook with set exercises.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- create, manage & apply styles to text
- use line spacing options
- understand and use footnotes & endnotes
- use bookmarks and cross-references
- understand document views and navigation
- structure your document using sections
- create and manage page headers & footers
- use captions
- create tables of contents, tables of figures & indexes
- use multiple open documents
John Baker and Lydia Maskell
Who should attend