Skip to main content

Applying for Disabled Students' Allowances

How to check if you are eligible for Disabled Students' Allowances (DSAs) and how you can apply.

Checking your eligibility

You can find out if you are eligible for DSAs from your funding body:

If you are an international or EU student, contact the Disability Service.

How to apply

Apply directly to your funding body.

You will need to send a copy of your medical evidence and your specific learning difficulties assessment with your application form.

When to apply

You can apply as soon as Student Finance applications open.

You can apply for DSAs at any time during your studies. The sooner you apply for your DSAs, the sooner you will receive your support.


If you have any questions, please contact us.

On this page