Skip to main content

Drugs and alcohol

Where you can get help with drug and alcohol issues.

University services

Wellbeing Service

The Wellbeing Service provide wellbeing and welfare advice and support to all students. You can talk to them about anything that's bothering you including any issues around drugs.

SU services

Drug advice

The SU are working with the local BANES Drug & Alcohol Service to offer free, confidential reagent drug-testing kits and safe drug advice. Advisers are on campus in the SU social space (Level 3 in the SU) every Thursday between 11am and 1pm. You don't need to make an appointment before you arrive.


Nightline offer a peer-to-peer confidential & non-judgemental listening service every night of term between 8pm and 8am. You can phone (the number is on the back of your library card) or use the anonymous instant messenger.

SU Community Officer

The SU Community Officer is elected to represent students in drugs and alcohol issues to the University. You can contact them with any queries or concerns related to drugs and alcohol.

Outside organisations


Developing Health & Independence (DHI) supports socially excluded and marginalised young people and adults to overcome structural barriers and behaviours holding them back from achieving their potential. It includes Bath drug and alcohol services.